Here is my quick review of how to upgrade Ironport ESAs in a Cluster.
To upgrade, first we have to disconnect machines from cluster, upgrade them one by one, and then join them all together again in cluster.
I will assume that you know the basic operation of Ironport ESA via CLI. I will write only the major steps.
- Issue clusterconfig command and disconnect the machine from the cluster
- Issue the upgrade using command upgrade and upgradeinstall
- System will reboot and resume as stand−alone / machine mode (no config changes)
- Reply all steps above until you upgrade all machines
- Issue clusterconfig command and rejoin all machines to the cluster
Easy as pie 😉